Synergistic has 14 years experience in system i5 AS/400 upgrades and is an IBM Business Partner servicing clients across North America. We have decades of experience in hardware purchases, installations, and migrations for AS/400 (iSeries/i5)® Servers. Synergistic's approach to hardware is consultative in order to understand and listen to our client's needs, and then recommend the best solution by understanding and leveraging IBM's technology. We further look for ways to effectively bundle our own services together in the purhase, thus reducing procurement costs.
We have found many current iSeries clients are unaware that the current IBM Express Edition 520 allows many of their licensed programs to transfer over and provides low cost hardware of 600/30 CPW, 35 GIG Disk, and one year IBM Software Subscription all for a pricetag in the $10-16,000 range.
For a cutomized quote please email current rack configuration or IBM Serial number to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Synergistic also provides a thorough Lease Analysis and return on investment analysis of the purchase (ROI).
New IBM i5 Fact Sheet
1) The powerful, economically-priced i5's provide for operating system consolidation: AIX (IBM's UNIX version), Linux, Windows Server 2004 utilizing an IXA or IXS, and i5/)S. Hardware prices start just over $10,000.
2) Logical Partitioning (LPAR) improvements provide for the elimination of the necessity of a "managing partition" and allows for improved ease of management through the Hardware Management Console.
3) The new powerful 64-bit POWER5 processors allow for increased speed and efficiency and provides for reduced batch runtimes.
4) The new "Express Editions" are economically priced with a low entry price.
These models are a "must quote" for a current enterprise running on 7XX, a 170,
270, 250 and other older models.
5) Dramatic Price/Performance improvements over previous AS/400 editions.
6) IBM i5's have an inherent "built in" environment, as opposed to an "add on"
environment, incorporating automatically: Security, Database, and high performance
7) Leveraging further the AS/400's historically low total cost of ownership, the new generation of i5's reduce hardware expenditure to a fraction of previous models.
For a no obligation quote email current rack config or IBM serial number to: email@example.com
IBM i5 520 The New IBM i5 POWER5-Based Server (PDF format)
IBM i5 550 The New IBM i5 POWER5-Based Server (PDF format)
IBM i5 570 The New IBM i5 POWER5-Based Server (PDF format)
IBM iSeries i5 Server Consolidation (PDF format)
IBM iSeries i5 Facts
1) Over 750,000 units installed worldwide
2) Has more than 18 million users sign on every day
3) Installed in 95% of the FORTUNE 100 and 85% of the Fortune 500
4) 52 percent of customers own four or more AS/400 systems
5) More than 400,000 copies of DB2/400 (AS/400's integrated relational database) installed, IBM is the industry leader in the relational database market.
6) A single system can support up to 31 separate Linux partitions.
7) The only server that allows customers to run applications from four different operating system environments - OS/400, UNIX, Windows NT/2000 and Linux - simultaneously on a single server.
8) Boasts 99.9+% system availability
To purchase or sell hardware, click here >>